West Penn Wire celebrates a monumental moment in its history, celebrating its 50th birthday. For more than 50 years, West Penn Wire has been an industry leader in designing and manufacturing of insulated wire, cable, and related products. Since then, West Penn Wire has transformed itself from a cable company to a signal transmission solutions provider with a complete product portfolio including cable, connectivity, and networking products. Take a look below at some of our most monumental moments since we were first established:
- 1971: West Penn Wire began as a family-run business manufacturing high-quality wire and cable for commercial A/V applications.
- West Penn Wire is a founding member of the NSCA- to help advance the commercial electronic systems industry.
- 1982: To build upon the success with A/V West Penn Wire continues to grow and adds safety, and security products.
- 1990: West Penn Wire came a part of Cable Design Technology (CDT), creating an expanded reach and additional resources for continuing growth.
- 1993: Capitalizing on the increased scale from CDT, West Penn Wire expanded into Broadcast Cable markets.
- 2004: Belden merges with CDT providing more reach and scale for West Penn Wire- all while allowing the continued flexibility and family atmosphere that has been in place since the beginning.
- Today: West Penn Wire continues evolving and is now a leading provider of hardware to hardware solutions for low voltage applications.
As we look back our our history and changes that have been made, we look forward another 50 years of supporting our customers. Thank you for your business and for being apart of our successes over the years.