At West Penn Wire, we pride ourselves on going the extra mile for our customers. An example of that attitude is our commitment to manufacturing plenum and non-plenum cables that meet Open Supervised Device Protocol (OSDP) standards developed by the Security Industry Association (SIA).
Our decision to make OSDP-compliant cables stems from the fact that OSDP is the future of access control because it:
- Improves interoperability
- Increases security levels over standard Wiegand systems (technology used in card readers and sensors)
- Helps to maintain higher security levels against hacks and other threats
These enhancements are significant for companies and government organizations that use public key infrastructure (PKI) or federal identity, credential, and access management (FICAM) tools to secure communications and physical settings alike.
With increases in threats to cybersecurity and personal safety, we can help you protect sensitive information along with your most precious resource – the people who help your organization run smoothly.
- RS-485 Communication (Non-Plenum)
- RS-485 Communication (Plenum)
- RS-485 Communication & Power
- RS-485 Outdoor (Water Block)
To give you a clear idea of how our cables can help you meet OSDP requirements, take a look at these specifications:
To discuss which OSDP-compliant cable or other West Penn Wire product is best for you, click the button below.